At Gateway Retreat we practice living more simply making the maximum use of renewable resources, re-cycling wherever possible and learning how to become self-sufficient.
Water is sourced from a well and from rainwater collected off the house roof. There are solar panels to supply electricity and we practice very conservative use of both of these.
Its 30 acres are managed in a holistic and integrated way. We promote respect for all life, all religions, self development and a way of living that is in harmony with Nature.
- meditation and the theory and practice of Self-development
- day to day management of renewable resources
- conserving water and electricity
- reuse/recycling of materials and resources
- growing our own food sustainably
- recognition of wild plants and their uses
- protecting bird and animal life
- harvesting and storing our own seeds